Pediatric Dentistry of Garden City
Another summer has come and went in what feels like a blink of an eye! With some schools back in session and others beginning soon, there is no better time for parents to start thinking about how to deal with homework issues!
Often times when your children get home from school, they rarely want to sit down and begin working on their homework immediately. Some children have an issue starting it, while others have issues finishing it.
No matter what kind of homework issues you may be having in your home, here are some tips, courtesy of newsday.com, on how to deal with homework issues that may be presented to you this school year!
- Help your children find the right spot to do their homework. You can let them try out several spots until they find the one that works best.
- Determine the right time for them to do their homework. Test out the time for two weeks and see how well it works out.
- Have your children focus on only one subject at a time. Make sure all other materials and books for other subjects are away.
- If your children ask for help or support, you should give it them. However, try not to hover. Offer encouragement when needed!
- Do NOT do your children’s homework! And as hard as it may be, do not nag them to do it. These are two of the BIGGEST mistakes that parents make!
Do you have any other additional tips that help get your children’s homework done? Let us know on our Facebook page, linked HERE!