Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Meet Our Team: Getting to Know Stephanie Taveras

Pediatric Dentistry of Garden City & Glen Cove
Garden City:516-222-5100
Glen Cove: 516-759-7000

Meet Stephanie Taveras, R.D.H, one our wonderful dental hygienists!  Stephanie has been working with us since August of 2013 and we are so glad to have her on our team!

Through this brief interview, we invite you to learn more about Stephanie and what makes her so passionate about caring for tiny teeth!

Where are you originally from?
I was born and raised on Long Island

From where did you get your degree?
I received my degree from Farmingdale State College in May of 2013.

When did you first decide you wanted to be a hygienist?
I first decided I wanted to be a hygienist in my third year of college, right after a regular check-up visit at the dentist.

When you were young, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a nurse or medical doctor as a child.

What is your favorite part about being a hygienist?
Working in a pediatric office, I see many kids who are visiting for the first time and many times are afraid of the dentist.  My favorite part about being a hygienist is just changing my patients' minds on how they view dental visits and showing them it could actually be fun.  I get to educate the patient on practicing good oral hygiene and hope they continue it as adults.  I recently saw a three year old patient who walked in crying because she had a bad experience prior and was afraid of the dentist.  My most memorable moment on the job was seeing her walk out with a big smile on her face!

What is the best part about working at the office?
The best part of working at the office is just working with a team.  Everyone is so helpful and very team oriented.


What do you do for fun?
I like working out and traveling - which I don't do enough of!

Visit our website to learn more about Stephanie and the services offered at Pediatric Dentistry of Garden City & Glen Cove.  You can also call 516-222-5100 to schedule an appointment for your child at our Garden City practice or 516-759-7000 to schedule an appointment at our Glen Cove office.  

Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and check out our YouTube channel!

No comments:

Post a Comment