Thursday, June 5, 2014

Getting to Know Dr. Stacey Reynolds

Pediatric Dentistry of Garden City & Glen Cove
Garden City:516-222-5100
Glen Cove: 516-759-7000


At Pediatric Dentistry of Garden City & Glen Cove, Dr. Stacey Reynolds works hard to give kids smiles that they can be proud of for a lifetime.  Through this brief interview, we invite parents to learn more about Dr. Stacey's dental experiences and what makes her so passionate about helping kids develop lasting dental health habits!

1. When did you decide that you wanted to become a pediatric dentist?  Why?

During my 3rd year of dental school we were encouraged to pursue a specialty.  Pediatrics made sense for me and I was highly encouraged by one of my Deans at the dental school.  He said I wouldn't regret it and he was right!

2. Where did you receive your degree/training from?
Columbia University College of Dental Medicine (Dental School) and Albert Einstein/Montefiore Medical Center for my pediatric specialty training.

3. What is the biggest challenge that you encounter as a pediatric dentist?
Despite popular belief, it's not the children!!!

4. What part of your job do you find the most satisfying?
I entered this specialty because I knew I could make a difference in the way that children and people live their lives.  I'm a preventative person by nature and I'm passionate about whole body health and well being.  I see children grow up to be adults who do not fear the dentist.

5. What is your most memorable experience on the job?
My most memorable experiences are actually my teaching experiences.  I teach once a week at Columbia University in their Residency Program.  I form bonds year after year with the residents thatI help to train and I feel like I have a huge circle of friends/colleagues int he field.  We are constantly learning from each other.

6. What do you like to do when you're not in the office?
Sleep!!!  I have 3 young kids.  Seriously, we love to travel.  My husband and I try to remain active and encourage the kids to be active.  We like to run races sometimes for fun.

7.  What is your favorite book/movie/TV show?
Catcher in the Rye.  Dumb and Dumber.  I'm not married to any particular TV show, but I can't survive without my Showtime and HBO series.  

Visit our website to learn more about Dr. Stacey Reynolds and the services offered at Pediatric Dentistry of Garden City & Glen Cove.  You can also call 516-222-5100 to schedule an appointment for your child at our Garden City practice or 516-759-7000 to schedule an appointment at our Glen Cove office.

No comments:

Post a Comment